Can I get work release this will be my 3rd dui but one of them was 6 years ago

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lisbon, OH

I have court tomorrow going to plea not guilt and get a lawyer I have talked to a lawyer already he seems to think I will get 30 days in jail but how many do u think I will get I need work release to keep my job do u think my lawyer will be able to get it for me?

1. James Kevin Hayslett

Pro

5

Answered . Work release will depend on the prosecutions input and the judge.
    It definitely makes sense to hire an experienced DUI lawyer to help you to the process to try to ensure that you get work release as opposed to straight time.

2. Christopher Lee Beck

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . If this is your third DUi you will not be eligible for work release at least for the first 30 days(unless you can get the court to do 15 days of jail and 55 days of House arrest with work release). All of this really depends on your local court though. These are minimum sentences and typically someone with their 3rd DUI in 6 years does not get minimum sentencing. Remember attorneys are giving you ideas based on experience and that it is in no way a guarantee. Good luck.

www.becklawofficellc.com

3. Philip Alan Eichorn

3

Answered . The amount of time the judge sentences you depends on the statute to which you plead guilty, your criminal history, and any other mitigating factors. Best for you to not just talk with a lawyer but hire one who will work to protect your interests.