Skip to main content

Can I get US visa (tourist) after immigrational fraud?

Philadelphia, PA |

I was married to US citizen for 3 years and recieved my 1st greencard with no problem. Then my spouse died and I came to the 2nd interview along. I've been told that they need to prove that the marrige was lawful. After nine months immigration denied my application and I was convicted for immigrational fraud and asked to leave the country, which I did. It was in 2009. Now I have to travel to US and need a tourist visa. Would it be possible to get one?

impression that you were criminally convicted of immigration fraud - no, I was not criminally convicted. They send me a letter which stated that there is not enough prove that marrige is lawful and if I have more prove i should send them more documents nd etc. My lawer offered me to try to withdraw the application, saying that i am leaving the country and don't need greencard anymore which we did, but they denied it. I had to leave very urgently, my father was dying, could not stay and do anything about it.

Attorney Answers 4


That's really unlikely for so many reasons.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


I agree. Yuu can try , but chances are you will be denied

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at

Mark as helpful


"After nine months immigration denied my application and I was convicted for immigration fraud and asked to leave the country, which I did. It was in 2009. "
At that time, it was even more imperative to retain an immigration attorney to challenge the USCIS findings and possibly keep you in the U.S.

"Now I have to travel to US and need a tourist visa. "
Please understand that your need to travel to the U.S. is not a right, it is a privilege and the U.S. Government will deny you the entry visa based on the above.

"Would it be possible to get one?"
In my professional opinion you will not be issued a nonimmigrant B-2 visa.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 101, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


The use of the term "convicted" gives the impression that you were criminally convicted of immigration fraud. In such a case you are permanently inadmissible to the United States and ineligible for a visa. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review your case and provide you with specific advice on how to proceed.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics