Can I get unemployment while still being suspended?

Filed under: Employment

My employer told me why I was fired. He stated that fascification on flies were proven. I don't understand because all i did was put dates on files that were copied by the intake person and now I am being indefinetly suspended. How can I get unemployment if they won'r let me go. They keep saying that i am indefinelty suspended until further notice.I signed the papers and wrote that I had no training and never got a verbal warning or written warning. Can I still get unemployment or should i sue

You don't have to be fired to be eligible for unemployment benefits. I believe the waiting period for being out of work is one week. If you are not allowed to work, contact the EDD and apply for benefits. If you are denied due to "misconduct" appeal within 20 days of the written denial and ask for a hearing to present your side of the story.