Can I get this case dismissed by statute of limitations expired?

Asked over 1 year ago - Manassas, VA

I'm being sued for a fender Bender that happened may 2010. The police were called but no accident report was filed because there was no damage or anything to report. 2 years later their insurance company is trying to Sue me for $11000 personal injury. I'm almost certain that I didn't cause this personal injury but I didn't have insurance at the time. What is the statute of limitation on this?

1. Seth Raven Carroll

Pro

4

Answered . I agree, if the lawsuit is filed within 2 years, they have 1 year to serve you with the lawsuit.

Do you have insurance coverage?

2. Mohamed E Seifeldein

3

Answered . If the statute expired, they cannot sue you. Have an attorney investigate the dates to make sure that the statute did expire. Are you sure that they are not suing for property damages?

3. Kevin Coluccio

4

Answered . Report the matter to your insurance carrier at the time, if you, indeed had coverage. If not, you should contact a local attorney to review the matter. Don't fool around with trying to handle yourself.

4. David B Pittman

Pro

3

Answered . Refer to Virginia Va. Code Ann. ยง 8.01-228 et seq. The stature of limitations is 2 years for injury claims. If they have a lawyer and they filed a lawsuit, then the statute does not matter any more.

Pro

3

Answered . It would be past the SOL, but simply report to your insurance company to resolve.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com