Can I get these charges dropped?

Las Vegas, NV |

Okay im 16 my boyfriend is 20 now my parents got the idea we had sex when I was 15 because of facebook messages, which we really didnt,, we had talked about sex on there and even acted like I was pregnant so his ex GF would get the idea and leave him alone, i have some deleted facebook messages that said to act like we have sex and act like your pregnant to try to make his ex jealous, those messages was deleted but after i saved them first so his ex woulndt think we were playing and that i really was pregnant, he was charged he pleaded not guilty, no officers got a statement from me they only talked to my parents however i did go to a care cottege thing and I did say i was 15 because I wanted to get it over with and i didnt know she was recording me.

If an officer had asked me or question me I would have said the truth 16, He has preliminary coming up and i have been sebpuena andhave to testify, im going to tell the truth that I was 16 and that i have proof from deleted facebook messages to prove it. Will the DA drop the charges or be an ass and have him plea to a lesser charge, I want these charges dropped, what can I expect? thanks

It appears that your boyfriend has been charged with criminal sexual contact with a minor, under the assumption that you were only 15 at the time. In most States, the age of consent is 16, meaning that had you two engaged in this sexual activity, or presumed sexual activity, he most likely would not have been charged.

If you were subpoenaed to testify against him at his preliminary examination, you will have the opportunity to speak with the D.A./prosecutor and explain the details of what happened and that during this entire time you were 16 when this conduct happened. The prosecutors could consider dismissing the charges, but this will be within their discretion to do so.

Be mindful the age of consent varies with each state, and the consent factor does not come into play if your boyfriend was a educator, administrator, or acted as a teacher within the State. If these factors exist, he can still be charged despite you being 16.

No we just met at highschool, and thanks alot