Can i get the name of who called in complaint against me to hud and specifically what they said?

Spencer, IA |

iowa has a open records law if i request a copy of file im entitled a copy and saw online photos but not sure about recordings such as a phone call made to hud to complain; in the papers i was sent it doesnt say anything about being a anonymous caller but doesnt state who it was what was said which doesnt explain why im in violation of 4,6, and 10 under tenant obligations and rights and i requested a informal hearing i havent had yet and in the first line of the letter i received scheduling my hearing it says per my request they rescheduled my hearing something that would violate rules rescheduling but it my first one sceduled i didnt reschedule anything

1. Your post if very hard to follow, so I will speak in the general: All calls, reports and statement to government boards, agencies and offices are immune and protected from civil lawsuits. So even if you did find the identity of the person, you can not take legal action against them.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.

2. If I understand your question correctly, no. Open records will not apply if there is a pending investigation.

The comments listed here are of a general nature and should not be understood to create a formal attorney-client relationship -- that is, I am not, and I cannot give you legal advice here. I am licensed in Iowa and to become your attorney, I need to understand the particular facts and circumstances of your legal question.