Can I get the green card through the F1 visa??

Asked over 2 years ago - Cleveland, OH

I am going to study in USA next year with a student visa "F1".
I am wondering if I can apply for a green card ,and what are my chances to have the green card??? can a lawyer help me with that "I mean make my chance is certain "??

if I did this step will the USCIS finish my F1 visa and deport me???

1. Robert West

1

Answered . No, a student visa does not lead to a green card and if the consult knew of your desire he/she will pull your visa.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . No, you can not convert a student visa to a greencard. But, if you are a good student and get good grades, after you get your BA/BS you will get a 1 year work permit. If you are lucky enough to find a good job, your employer can sponsor you for a greencard.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . No.