Can i get the green card by investing 100.000 USD in the USA in a business .

Asked about 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

I changed my status B1/B2 to F1, One my friend told me that if invest minimum $100,000 in a business based in any rural area then i can beable to get green card or work visa.
Please advise how it works.

1. Nicklaus James Misiti

2

Answered . Your friend is wrong, in order to qualify for a green card through investment the minimum investment is $500,000. There is an investment visa option where the minimum investment is not explicitly stated but generally $100,000 may qualify. There are also other requirements, so make sure you speak with and retain an attorney before applying. My firm handles these types of cases.
    Regards,
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global
    212 537 4407

2. Emily Katherine Allen

1

Answered . Your friend is right that there are ways to obtain permanent residency or work authorization through investments in U.S. businesses. The requirements are extensive and depend on the amount/location of your investment. You should discuss the requirements related to investor visas (E visas) with an immigration attorney in your area.

3. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

Pro

Answered . I agree - see if you qualify for an E-2 visa based on investment - you will not have a large enough investment for the green card.