Can i get the first offenders act in DUI 1st

Augusta, GA |

i was charged with DUI and improper lane change , can I GET FIRST OFFENDERS ACT ON THIS , THIS WAS IN THOMPSON , GA IN MCDUFFIE CO .

No.... DUI is specifically excluded from 1st offender treatment

The information is provided for general purposes only and should not be relied upon. You are advised to consult with an attorney of your choosing, who can advise you on the particular facts and options in your case. No attorney-client relationship is intended or formed absent you executing a signed fee agreement. P. Darrell Kimbrell is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. Information provided is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. This response, or any response, is not legal advice nor does such response create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

Just in case you may have used one term thinking it meant something else, I would just add that you are eligible for a "certificate of first conviction" which allows you to obtain a limited driving permit. First offender status is reserved for felonies and misdemeanor drug charges.

If you have any further questions about this or any other topic, please feel free to call me at 404-923-0446. All initial phone calls are free. By answering this question, there is no established attorney/client priviledge with Rohan Law, PC. Therefore you cannot rely solely on this information to form the basis of a legal opinion regarding your rights and responsibilities. If you believe that your case requires additional attention, you should contract an attorney to represent you directly.

No. There is no first offender treatment for a DUI.

Dui is specifically exempted from the First Offender statute in Georgia, so
no.
>

In most criminal case you could get 1st Offender treatment. However, you have been charged with DUI and 1st Offender is SPECIFICALLY NOT ALLOWED in DUI cases in Georgia. It is possible for you to get a Limited Driving Permit if this is your first DUI and it is not considered to be a REFUSAL. I would advise you to retain the best DUI Defense Attorney that is available to you ASAP!!!! It is much better to FIGHT AND WIN than to be Convicted of DUI. Please take my advise and at least talk to an experienced DUI Defense Attorney about your case before you decide to simply plead guilty and have the conviction haunt you for the rest of your life!!!! I hope this information has been helpful. Good Luck!!! George McCranie www.mccranielawfirm.com

The information provided in this response to a question is not legal advise and is provided only for general information purposes. My response should not be taken as legal advise as no attorney / client representation exists. Additionally, the information given in this answer is specific to the State of Georgia only and should not be applied to any other state.