Can I get the engagement ring and wedding ring back?

Asked over 1 year ago - Oswego, NY

We both live in upstate new york. Been married for 4 years. She wants a separation cause she doesnt feel the love for me. Found out she has been having many affairs behind my back.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

Answered . A engagement ring is given in contemplation of marriage. If the marriage does not happen you get the ring back. However, once the marriage takes place I believe she gets to keep the ring.

2. David Alexander Browde

Pro

3

Answered . Not unless you get it in the settlement agreement in your divorce...

3. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

2

Answered . Since the marriage took place the rings are hers. Now, if the marriage was annulled as opposed to a divorce, there is a shot at getting them back.

4. Maria C. Tebano

2

Answered . The engagement ring is given in contemplation of marriage so you won't get that back, since she married you. The wedding ring was given at the time of marriage so she gets to keep that. In the context of the divorce, you can make the rings a part of the settlement. Aside from that, they are hers to keep.