Skip to main content

Can I get the amount of my monthly restitution payments increased?

Childersburg, AL |

My mother took money from me in a gift to minors act that my gradfather had set up. She waas sentenced to an eight year split reverse sentence. She paid a down payment of eight thousand dollars and now only pays $130 a month. She did not have a job at the time but she.does now. She put everything in her husbands name house, cars, etc., s.that I could not try and take them. The total amount owe was $43000.00, she still owes me over $30000.00. Do I have any options? The total amount will never be paid off, when she only pays $130.00 a month. Thanks so much for you time.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I searched to try and find you an answer. The best that I can determine is that you can contact (1) Ask to speak to Victims Services at the District Attorney's office in the county she was convicted, (2) her parole officer, or call VOCAL (Victims of Crime and Leniency) at 1-800-239-3219 to see if they have any additional information.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Makesha N. Nowell, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Makesha Nicole Nowell

Makesha Nicole Nowell


For Talladega County you would call (256) 362-2036 for Victims Advocate Sabrina Hall. Not sure if this is up to date.


I believe any other remedies will depend upon your current age. If you are older than 21 it may be too late to do anything I do urge you to contact an attorney.

No attorney-client relationship exists or is created by the answering of questions on Avvo or by any email communications resulting from Avvo unless and until a written contract creating such a relationship is executed by both the attorney and the client.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer