Can I get the amount of my monthly restitution payments increased?

Asked over 1 year ago - Childersburg, AL

My mother took money from me in a gift to minors act that my gradfather had set up. She waas sentenced to an eight year split reverse sentence. She paid a down payment of eight thousand dollars and now only pays $130 a month. She did not have a job at the time but she.does now. She put everything in her husbands name house, cars, etc., s.that I could not try and take them. The total amount owe was $43000.00, she still owes me over $30000.00. Do I have any options? The total amount will never be paid off, when she only pays $130.00 a month. Thanks so much for you time.

1. Makesha Nicole Nowell

Answered . I searched to try and find you an answer. The best that I can determine is that you can contact (1) Ask to speak to Victims Services at the District Attorney's office in the county she was convicted, (2) her parole officer, or call VOCAL (Victims of Crime and Leniency) at 1-800-239-3219 to see if they have any additional information.

2. A. Wilson Webb

Answered . I believe any other remedies will depend upon your current age. If you are older than 21 it may be too late to do anything I do urge you to contact an attorney.