Skip to main content

Can i get tempory custody of my child

Franklin, GA |

my ex is dating a convicted felon who just got a dui and drug charges last wk i do not want him around my child

Attorney Answers 1

  1. I need a little bit more information to be able to properly advise you. Did you and your ex go through a divorce? Was your child born during the marriage? What is the current custodial arrangement for the child? Under the law you are allowed to file a Modification of Custody action if there has been a substantial change in circumstances, since the entry of the last order governing custody.

    Have you ever filed for a Modification of Custody, after your divorce was granted?

    The facts you mention above may constitute a substantial change in circumstances. I'm sure there are many more facts you could provide that would also help strengthen your case. I suggest you schedule an appointment with an attorney to discuss your options further. Many Attorneys offer free consultations.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics