Can i get temporary or full custody of only one child who uas brain injury?

Asked about 4 years ago - Orlando, FL

my house at this hard time is more safe and i am available at all times for handling all doctors appontments and follow ups. i have 24/7 supervision and his my (ex wife) depenting on other people to take care of him while she is working.

1. Nishit Virendra Patel

2

Answered . Without any more information its hard to give you a specific answer. But in short, yes, you can request to have 100% timesharing of your child. Absent some extreme circumstances it's unlikely that you would receive 100% timesharing, in that your ex wife would probably be entitled to timesharing on the nights/days that she would be able to personally supervise and take care of him. The court will look at the best interest of your child, and you are capable of providing individualize care and your ex-wife cannot, you should be able to obtain majority timesharing for all times when she cannot take care of your son. Without knowing your specific case it would be difficult to determine what procedural steps you need to take to obtain your end result.

2. Ayuban Antonio Tomas

Pro

2

Answered . It is certainly possible, but I can't tell you how likely it is to happen without knowing more facts. You should consult with a family law attorney about this.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

3. Alejandro Rafael Lopez

2

Answered . Does not seem, from your question, that you are one of the child's legal or biological parents. If I am correct, the only ways for you to obtain temporary and/or full custody of the child would be: 1. By the parents granting you said custody by a power of attorney and/or by a court order by MUTUAL CONSENT, or 2. The state granting you the child's custody.

If you are one of the legal or biological parents to this child then you can obtain temporary and/or full custody by a power of attorney and/or a court order with teh consent of the other parent in writing or 2. You will have to sue the other parent in court and process the case to prove to a court you are the parent with whom the child should reside since it will be in the child's best interests.

Alejandro R. Lopez, Esq.
    Law Office of Alejandro R. Lopez, P.A.
    4465 Edgewater Drive,
    Suite A,
    Orlando, Fla. 32804
    Ph.: (407) 649-1404
    Fax: (407) 649-9890
    E-mail: ALopez2827@gmail.com

4. Thomas William James

2

Answered . It is possible. You need to consult with an attorney to exchange more information to make the final determination.

I wish you the best,
    Tom James