Can I get temporary custody of my child on the weekends and where if somebody else has custody and my child is scared to go home

Asked about 1 year ago - Amsterdam, NY

he father deals my other childs medicine. he scares her. I need to get temporary custody THIS weekend.

1. Edwin Drantivy

6

1

Answered . Generally courts cannot award custody to a parent in just one night. If one feels that his/her child is in danger, one is free to call the police. You would be well-served to discuss your dilemma with a local domestic relations attorney in a confidential forum as soon as possible next week.

2. Reid A Seino

7

1

Answered . It really depends on a lot more facts than what you provided here.

3. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Pro

5

Answered . The system does not work so quickly that you can get custody right away. You'll have to go through a slow, legal process. However in an emergency, there are police and child protective services which you should use very cautiously.

You don't tell us the age of the child. You don't tell us whether you have a prior existing order from a court rhat grants custody/visitation. These pieces of information are so important in knowing how to move forward.

4. Marco Caviglia

5

Answered . If you are raising a danger to the child, that has to be dealt on a different plane than visitation scheduling. You should contact CPS immediately if you think the child is in particular danger this weekend, and CPS will investigate within 24 hours, but you should be certain of the existence and degree of the danger.