Skip to main content

Can I get sued now at age 22 if I was in a moped accident at age 16

Las Vegas, NV |

I was living with my dad and now at age 22 they started garnishing my wages I never received any notice

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, as long as the civil complaint was filed on time. Contact the insurance company that covered your moped. If there was no insurance, contact a bankruptcy attorney.


I agree with Mr. Boley. If you had insurance covering your vehicle at the time, then you should absolutely contact your insurance carrier to assist you in the matter. Best of luck.


It sounds like a civil lawsuit was filed and the other party obtained a default judgment against you which would allow them to garnish your wages 6-years post accident. As mentioned by my colleague, find out from your dad, if he had insurance at time which covered the moped. If so, contact them ASAP. If not, get a copy of the civil complaint, default judgment and wage garnishment and bring them to a Las Vegas Avvo Attorney.

Good Luck,

Michael Ian Rott, Esq., Managing Partner
2635 Camino del Rio South, Suite 306
San Diego, California 92108
Office: 619.296.5884, ext. 14
Fax: 619.296.5171
Cell: 619.252.2248
San Diego - El Centro

Please be advised that the advice provided does not create any attorney/client relationship; that due to the various state laws that the information provided is a general overview of work comp law, which might not be applicable to you, based upon the laws of your state. We will not file anything on your behalf nor protect any statute of limitations which might arise and recommend that you IMMEDIATELY consult legal counsel for advice.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer