Can I get spousal support if I been married for 4 years and no children

Asked over 4 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

I've been married for 4 years, and would like to file for adultely, mentual cruelty, physical abuse, and possible abandonment.. I have no children with him. He makes more money than I do... For over 6 months he has paid the rent... Can I get spousal support.. He is threating to stop paying my rent but he choose to leave.. I can't pay the rent I tried to work with him but he said he don't have to pay for anything... I have proof on all account of what I'm filing.. Please help...

1. Gerry M. Wendrovsky

Answered . Unless you gave up a career or certain 'employment opportunities', it will very difficult, in the context of your 'short-term' marriage, to receive spousal support as part of a divorce. However, if he leaves the marital residence, or does not pay his share of the household expenses, you can file a petition in Family Court for 'spousal support'.