Can I get someone for Vandilisim for going up on Private Property and Taking out my car windows?

Asked about 2 years ago - Covington, KY


Attorney answers (2)

  1. Michael F. Lawrence

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . You can do 2 things. They will both require that you have actual proof that the person you believe did this actuallly did it. Did you see them do it? Did someone else see them do it? Is there video? Is there other forensic evidence (fingerprints, blood, footprints, etc)? If there is strong evidence, go take out a criminal warrant. If the court finds them guilty or they plead guilty you can usually ask for restitution. If the evidence is circumstantial or weak, file a small claims case (limit $2,500). The burden of proof is lower so you still could win. But, you will have to chase the money yourself. If you have no real evidence, turn it in to your insurance company (both homeowners and car) and let them try and prove who did it.
    Good Luck.

  2. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Sue for property damage.

Related Topics

Real property ownership

Several different kinds of property ownership exist, including joint tenancy, tenancy in common and more. The right one for you depends on your circumstances.

Andrew Ben Boyer


On behalf of Andrew Boyer PC posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 Any divorce has the potential to be a massively complicated affair. Many Illinois couples spend months in court arguing... more

Criminal charges for harassment

Harassment describes a variety of repetitive behaviors that threaten, disturb, or upset someone. Harassment includes unwanted sexual advances and stalking.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,906 answers this week

2,845 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,906 answers this week

2,845 attorneys answering