Skip to main content

Can I get some advice on a case outside of.Texas?

Montgomery, TX |

I was arrested for felony theft in Texas. However I have a 3rd degree felony I'm about to go turn for... a 3rd degree in colorado is 6-20 years prison...however I have never had any type of probation. So do I have a possibility. The case in Colorado is also a theft charge. Its my second offense and I'm worried because I can't afford a good lawyer..the person I stole from wants me to serve the Max and with that saying I'm worried give me prison time I'm only 18 and I messes up pretty bad.

Attorney Answers 2


The only advice I can give you is that you need to hire an attorney in Colorado. Every state will provide an attorney if you are not able to pay for one. If you would like some specific advice about the Colorado system, you should be able to post this question under that states section. Hope this helps.

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Nathaniel Munier

Nathaniel Munier


You should also talk in detail with a Texas attorney about your local charge. It might be possible to work some magic with the numbers if you are already going to be serving time in Colorado.



What do u mean Nathaniel Munier?

Nathaniel Munier

Nathaniel Munier


There is the possibility of trying to serve both sentences at once which will have to be arraigned by both jurisdictions, and then also using your possible Colorado imprisonment as a negotiating tool for the Texas prosecutor.


Actually, you can't afford not to hire an attorney. You need to get one in Colorado as soon as possible. You are looking at a great deal of jail time and need to get started on this.

This answer is general information only and is not legal advice, does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should NOT be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics