Skip to main content

Can I get rid of a FTA on A minor in possesion of alcohlol (from 10 yrs ago) without going to court again?

Detroit, MI |

I got a ticket in MI about 10 yrs ago for Minor in Posssesion of Alcohol. The judge ordered me to go to a program and return to court. I never finished the program and never went back. I probably have an outstanding warrant. What is the best way to correct this? I live in a different state and would really prefer to just pay a fine and not return to court. Is this something I should use use a lawyer for? thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Generally speaking, failing to appear for a criminal proceeding will result in a bench warrant being issued. The defendant is required to surrender and show cause why he shouldn't be held in contempt.

I have had cases where the defant was allowed to make arrangements with the Court in lieu of actually appearing. At a minimum, it would be wise to call the court in question and find out how they want to proceed.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer