Skip to main content

Can I get reimbursed for fully supporting wife, kids, and all bills and needs (including mortgage, utilities, food and gas)?

San Diego, CA |

I have been fully supporting wife, kids, and all bills and needs (including mortgage, utilities, food and gas) while i wasn't living in house. Can I get reimbursed for any of this? I paid for everything since my wife does not work.

What if I am continuing to pay after separation and before any settlement? I have not stopped even paying for their TV/Cable/Phone and cell phones either.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You have posted a series of 27 questions here about your impending divorce. For this quantity of legal advice, you need to consult with an experienced and skilled family law attorney. Your expectations of this Q and A service are beyond what can prudently be counted on.

    No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

  2. No, you cannot.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  3. Has a petition for divorce been filed? If not, then there isn't anything yet as to what you would reimbursed for. It is your responsibility to help support your children. If the wife doesn't work then that is a different story. You need to seek legal assistance.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics