Can I get reimbursed for fully supporting wife, kids, and all bills and needs (including mortgage, utilities, food and gas)?

Asked about 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

I have been fully supporting wife, kids, and all bills and needs (including mortgage, utilities, food and gas) while i wasn't living in house. Can I get reimbursed for any of this? I paid for everything since my wife does not work.

What if I am continuing to pay after separation and before any settlement? I have not stopped even paying for their TV/Cable/Phone and cell phones either.

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

3

Answered . You have posted a series of 27 questions here about your impending divorce. For this quantity of legal advice, you need to consult with an experienced and skilled family law attorney. Your expectations of this Q and A service are beyond what can prudently be counted on.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . No, you cannot.

3. Gregory Paul Benton

1

Answered . Has a petition for divorce been filed? If not, then there isn't anything yet as to what you would reimbursed for. It is your responsibility to help support your children. If the wife doesn't work then that is a different story. You need to seek legal assistance.