Can I get reimbersed from paying off my exgirlfriends house that was borrowed from my 401k ($54k)

Virden, IL |
Filed under: Child support

Payed hers off instead of mine cause it was lesser of the 2,she moved in with me when she got pregnant. I done this with the intention to better our money situation and make some rental property for us in the future now she benifits from it and now going after me for childsupport.What are some options to look at on the reimbersment , cause the child support will be a given and I do not disagree or have a problem with that part

Did you have any written agreement that your girlfriend would pay you back? If not, you will have a very difficult time proving the payments wasn't a gift. Your girlfriend is entitled to child support, regardless of the characterization of the loan/gift.

thank you for your time and comments

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

You are welcome.

You should argue that it was a partnershipfor investment purposes. Thousands of people enter into partnerships without any written agreement.

Thank you. How would I find an attorney to take this case on based on % of the amount Im after or is there such

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support