Skip to main content

Can I get Registered Provisional Immigrant Status?

Richmond, VA |

I've herd that there is a new law that aloud undocumented immigrants apply for RPI. I have no criminal record. But i don't know if I can apply now. And i don't really understand the difference between a permanent resident status and RPI.

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Unfortunately you have not heard correctly. There is no new law. Once there is, you should contact an attorney.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

  2. No new law has passed yet, Continue to follow the news as the Senate debate continues on immigration reform

    Under the guidelines set by AVVO, this response is general information only and not specific legal advice, and no attorney client relationship is formed by this response to your question.

  3. No such new law yet. Stay tuned for further developments.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  4. Debate begins this month but no new law yet. You cannot register. Careful with scams.

  5. I agree with my colleagues, no new law.

    Simone Coley, Bachand & Bachand; 855-422-2426. 189 State Street, Suite 100, Bridgeport, CT 06604.

  6. There is no new law yet; it's just a bill. So you cannot apply right now. If it becomes a law with the way it is currently proposed, you might be eligible for it it you came to the U.S. before December 31, 2011. But there will be other requirements and you need to discuss your specific situation with an immigration lawyer.

    The statement above does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is intended as general information only and it is not a substitute for legal advice. You should consult with a licensed attorney to discuss the specific facts and circumstances of your case.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics