Can I get Probation?

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I was arrested for a DWI with a child under 15. I am 31 years old. I refused field sobriety test and the breathalyzer. I was taken in custody and my blood was drawn. Is it possible for me to get probation or do you honestly think I am facing jail time 6mo - 2 years ? When will my blood test results come in? I have not had any other problems with the law in the past. How much fees am I looking additional to my attorney fees? Is it possible for me to get a charged for child endangerment after my informational trial? Thank you.

1. Jon Michael O'Toole

Pro

7

Answered . Depending on your criminal history, it may be possible to get probation. If you've never been convicted of a felony you are legally eligible; however, there may be other facts that lend themselves to a recommendation of state jail time. I would recommend hiring a criminal attorney in your area. They will be able to represent you and answer any questions regarding fees, possible outcomes, and give you a timeline for your case.

2. Christopher Irvin Simser

4

Answered . Attorneys here can give you general advice, and those admitted in Texas can give you more complete and more specific advice. Ultimately, however, I advise you to post no more facts about your case in this or any other public forum. Contact and retain a local attorney skilled in the defense of DWI cases. many post here on Avvo, and you can also use eth "Find a Lawyer" link here n Avvo. That way you can fully explain your case and receive in-depth advice that considers all the facts of your situation.

Best of luck to you.

Christopher I. Simser, Sr.
    Anelli Xavier
    1-800-DWI-TEAM

3. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

3

Answered . Its possible but only if you have an experienced DWI attorney helping you. I would suggest talking to one in your area. If you want you can find one here on AVVO by selecting "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page. Good luck.

4. Clifford Ross Jessup

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with those above. You need to get a lawyer as soon as possible. From your description, you are legally eligibile for probation. Blood tests usually take 2 to 4 months to come in, assuming the sample went to the lab right away. However, I am not in Houston so a Houston lawyer could answer with more certainty.