Can i get possible Greencard through I-360?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Atlanta, GA

I Married us army who is no longer. still married here in my country. my husband left me and baby 2008. When he stayed with me he applied spouse visa for me . But it was denide coz he dont have orignal birth certificate.
when i stayed with him he have been bit me up and i reproted his SSG. Can i apply my self I-360?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Irene Arfaras Steffas

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You may be eligible for immigration benefits. Yes, the I-360 can lead to a green card. However, no one simply completes an immigration form. The evidence that accompanies the form is extremely important. There are other ways to obtain evidence that your husband is a citizen of the US. Seek assistance from an immigration attorney. Good Luck

  2. Lino Raul Rodriguez Jr.

    Contributor Level 6


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The short answer is ... yes. Now, here are some particulars ...

    First the I-360 must be approved by USCIS. Once you receive and approved I-360 you will be eligible for a work permit or to apply for adjustment of status; depending on your particular situation. You might be eligible to apply under VAWA and file a concurrent I-485. A lot of factors can determine your eligibility and the right process for you. It is extremely important that you present a solid, well documented, case.

  3. Anthony Meleika Aboseif

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I recommend contacting a qualified immigration attorney to fully evaluate your case to see if you can self-petition as an abused spouse. It is difficult to address these types of cases in this kind of online forum.

    Legal disclaimer: By answering this question, there is no intention to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,575 answers this week

3,167 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,575 answers this week

3,167 attorneys answering