Can I get out of a ticket for disobeying a stop sign and expired license.

Asked over 1 year ago - Ironton, OH

I was driving and saw the state patrol officer. I started to stop and when I saw him I went past the sign so I knew he saw me so I just kept going and then he stopped me. He checked my license and they were expired because my birthday was a week prior and It slipped my mind to renew them. He gave me a ticket for both.

1. Christopher Lee Beck

Pro

2

Answered . If you hire an attorney the prosecutor may be willing to dismiss or amend the charges depending on your driving record and the prosecutor. As always this requires a cost-benefit analysis as to whether avoiding the points is worth the cost of hiring an attorney. I suggest you call around to attorneys in the area where you received the ticket to see what the cost would be so you can make an informed decision. Keep in mind that no attorney can guarantee an outcome and there is always a chance that you will still end up with points on your license even if you hire an attorney. Your chances are better with an attorney though. Good luck.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio 45434
    (937)510-6110 phone
    (937)867-4111 fax
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com

2. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

2

Answered . Your best bet is hiring an attorney experienced in these types of cases. There is a good chance the charges could be lowered with good counsel.

3. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

1

Answered . Not without an attorney!

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777