Can I get out of a student loan if I decide I am not ready to attend? or am I responsible for the entire loan?

Chesterfield, MO |

The loan is through the school and has already been bought out before I started

1. The loan is for school. If you are not ready to attend school, talk to them about giving the money back. If the school has the money but you are no longer going, talk to their financial aid office.

2. You need to talk to the school's financial aid office. If you have not attended any classes yet and the full tuition hasn't been paid yet, there may be a possibility of returning the loan.

Ms. Riley may be reached at 347-501-8042 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: alexis@nyrileylaw.com. All of Ms. Riley's responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Riley is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.