Can i get off probation for a violent crime in Nevada if i can't pay all my restitution off

Asked over 1 year ago - Reno, NV

I have never been in serious trouble with the law , this is a first offense , because of the indecent I was diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder and I live the worst part of the neighborhood , the man I fought didn't attack me , he instead attacked my sister and my niece who was only seven years old at the time , I saw what was happening and I stopped him but I was arrested and convicted for felony battery .

1. Cotter Clarkson Conway

Pro

3

Answered . The better question may be what are the consequences of failing to pay all of the restitution ordered at the time of sentencing? The Probation Department could take a number of steps: 1) if the probation period was less than the maximum 5 years, they could seek an extension of the probationary term; 2) they could seek revocation of your probation (sending you to prison) for failing to comply with the terms of your probation (which includes payment of restitution); or 3) request that you sign a confession of judgment and then file for a dishonorable discharge of probation. Other than that, you will not be released from probation unless you are fully compliant with the terms of your probation.

2. Robert C. Keller

Answered . Retain a criminal defense attorney to look into this matter and possibly bring the case back before the judge. Good luck.