Can i get off probation for a violent crime in Nevada if i can't pay all my restitution off

Asked almost 2 years ago - Reno, NV

I have never been in serious trouble with the law , this is a first offense , because of the indecent I was diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder and I live the worst part of the neighborhood , the man I fought didn't attack me , he instead attacked my sister and my niece who was only seven years old at the time , I saw what was happening and I stopped him but I was arrested and convicted for felony battery .

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Cotter Clarkson Conway


    Contributor Level 4


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The better question may be what are the consequences of failing to pay all of the restitution ordered at the time of sentencing? The Probation Department could take a number of steps: 1) if the probation period was less than the maximum 5 years, they could seek an extension of the probationary term; 2) they could seek revocation of your probation (sending you to prison) for failing to comply with the terms of your probation (which includes payment of restitution); or 3) request that you sign a confession of judgment and then file for a dishonorable discharge of probation. Other than that, you will not be released from probation unless you are fully compliant with the terms of your probation.

  2. Robert C. Keller

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Retain a criminal defense attorney to look into this matter and possibly bring the case back before the judge. Good luck.

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

17,627 answers this week

2,349 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

17,627 answers this week

2,349 attorneys answering