Can i get off probation early for paying off my restitution?

Montgomery, AL |

i had a split restitution for being an accomplice to a burglary. we both paid the entire restitution off and court costs as well. i wrote to tell the judge that i had paid if off and he replied by creating a court hearing, does that mean that i may get off probation?

1. Many people post questions here asking about their chances in court. No one online can validly predict what the future holds. The subject penalties may be based on a myriad of reasons. Many factors such as age, prosecutor discretion, what judge you have, whether witnesses are credible all matter and that makes it near impossible to say "can i get off ".

Check with a Montgomery lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

2. Payment of restitution can be a basis for early termination of probation in many states. In general you will also have to have served half of your probation to get an early termination. I am not an AL lawyer so I cannot say what an AL court will do but if I were you I'd certainly bring proof of restitution to the hearing and ask for early termination. The one thing you will never get is the thing you don't ask for.