Skip to main content

Can I get my wife evicted from my apartment ?plz tell me what the name of the code or the law which gives me right to evict her

Raleigh, NC |

on January 2013 me and my wife signed our apartment lease, I provided the letter from my employer stating my wages in order to get the apartment i paid 700$ security deposit and first month rent, we moved in back then, we weren't married back then on Feb the 4th we got married, now we are in separation because she cheated on me, now she moved in her boyfriend to my apartment and tried to remove my name from lease and she couldn't as leasing office notified me, I have a proof of this man change of address to my apartment she sent me a picture of his change of address to provoke me,I called the leasing office they said they can't prove someone is living there and they can't remove my wifes name from lease unless she agree to. this man is officially living in my apt how can I evict them.

Attorney Answers 1


You can't...its up to the landlord to do so. If your wife cheated and you want to separate, it might be best for you to find a new place to live, gather evidence of her adultery, and contact a divorce attorney.

The LL can prove that someone is living there, perhaps they just don't care to try, but that is their prerogative.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics