Skip to main content

Can i get my ssi back pay faster?

Jasper, AL |

i recently got approved for my ssi and they owe me 2 years back pay. i was told 11,000 and some odd dollars was due. they gave me 2000 and told me i had to wait for rest. i am a single mother and in desperate need of more than 2000. how can i get them to give me more now?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Call your local office and explain why you need the money now. You should also write them and list the reasons why you need the rest of your money. My experience is that you will get the balance in short order if your reasons are legitimate.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer