Can I get my RMV reinstatement fee thrown out?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Boston, MA

I was arrested over 10 years ago for stolen vehicle at 17, and was stripped of eligibility of driver's license until 25. I owe about $800, which has to be paid before I can apply for permit/license , but could I do a lump sum? Also, should I go in front of a hearings officer and ask if it could be waived seeing as the case has been closed for 10+ years?

1. Terri D. Leary

1

Best Answer

Answered . The chance that a hearing officer will waive the fees is very, very slim. The RMV is likely to tell you that any appeal of the decision was due to be filed within 15 days of receipt of the notice, which also has been more than 10 years. If you want to try, it will cost you $25 for the appeal.

2. Ilir Kavaja

Answered . I agree with attorney Leary. Also, if you can afford to pay, it may be smart to do so, put it behind you, and move on.
    The time and effort required to argue with the RMV at times is not worth saving the money.
    Your call, but keep in mind the SLIM chances you have to succeed.

Good Luck,

Law Office of Ilir Kavaja
    30 Newbury Street
    Boston, MA 02116

617-515-5545
    www.KavajaLaw.com