Can I get my record expunged?

Mountain Home, AR |

I have papers on my attempt to get my record expunged, and would like to know what they mean and if it's possible to get it expunged. My phone number is 479-387-0491. Please call after 5:00 P.M. or anytime on the weekenk except 10:00-12:00 when I will be in church.

There are many options for sealing your record in Arkansas. Bailey & Russo is a firm in Mtn Home that could likely help you. Good Luck.

Thank you. This is for my uncle and the charge was in Texas, do you have any suggestions? Thank you very much.

John C. Collins

John C. Collins

Yes. That changes things considerably. He will have to get a Texas attorney. Where in Texas?

Thank you for your response, I called and ask my Uncle and he said it was in Houston Texas. On one of his papers it states that " A criminal search was conducted from 1976 to present and the following charge was found- Possession of Marijuana 12/18/89". It also states that " Deferred adjucation of guilt terminated, defendant discharged, case dismissed. Defendant completed community supervision and a dismissal and discharge may not deemed A conviction (Felony or Misdemeanor) for the purpose of disqualification disabilities imposed by law for conviction of an offense. The court authorized the state to prosecute the case as a misdemeanor under Texas Penal Code Section 12.44 (B). Deferred adjucation of guilt- The court deferred further proceedings without entering a finding of guilt and placed the defendant on community supervision. Witness my official hand of seal of office on 11/17/06. He said he doesn't understand what this all means so he don't know if he can get an expungement or not. Thank you for your time and consideration on this matter. Regards. >

Debra Joan Cheatham Reece

Debra Joan Cheatham Reece

He should take the document to an attorney, but from the sound of it, his charge was deferred then dismissed, so he has no conviction. A normal expungement seals the conviction. Since he has none, you're actually wanting to seal his entire criminal history as it relates to this charge. He will need to talk to a lawyer licensed in Texas who can help him get that all sealed under Texas law. Good luck!

Debra Joan Cheatham Reece

Debra Joan Cheatham Reece

Debra Joan Cheatham Reece

Debra Joan Cheatham Reece

Debra Joan Cheatham Reece

Debra Joan Cheatham Reece

Thank you very much, I will let him know tomorrow. We appreciate your response. God Bless. >