Skip to main content

Can I get my passport released if I owe arrears?

Riverside, CA |

I currently owe arrears for child support but have had custody of my daughter for three years and a support case against the mother. I have been offered jobs that require me to have one and I still pay every month but the balance isn't below the $2500 mark. Is there anyway to get it released?

Attorney Answers 1


Department of Homeland Security handles that and generally no. You could negotiate with the mother and DCSS if they're in the case.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics