Can I get my license restored if there was no ticket given to me?

Paterson, NJ |

I was recently in a car accident in which I hit a tree because the passenger in my car was drunk and physically hit me while I was driving. The officer gave me back my license and other paperwork and told me to go home. I received a letter from NJMVC notifying me that my license was suspended at the time of the accident and that my license would be suspended for an additional 180 days. What can I do? I need my license to travel to and from work.

You will have to attend hearing at NJMVC in Trenton and explain why you were driving on a suspended license. You may likely be able to reduce the length of the suspension depending on your circumstances and your driving record to date. If you found this response helpful, kindly consider showing your appreciation by marking it "BEST ANSWER" or "HELPFUL". Good luck.

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state, whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

Great advice from Attorney Murray. Do not miss your hearting date.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

What are you suspended for in the first place. there are defenses such as notice that can be put forth at a hearing at MVC.

John Ducey

Recommended articles about Personal injury