Can I get my license restored if there was no ticket given to me?

Asked over 1 year ago - Paterson, NJ

I was recently in a car accident in which I hit a tree because the passenger in my car was drunk and physically hit me while I was driving. The officer gave me back my license and other paperwork and told me to go home. I received a letter from NJMVC notifying me that my license was suspended at the time of the accident and that my license would be suspended for an additional 180 days. What can I do? I need my license to travel to and from work.

1. Dean P Murray

8

1

Answered . You will have to attend hearing at NJMVC in Trenton and explain why you were driving on a suspended license. You may likely be able to reduce the length of the suspension depending on your circumstances and your driving record to date. If you found this response helpful, kindly consider showing your appreciation by marking it "BEST ANSWER" or "HELPFUL". Good luck.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

3. David J. McCormick

4

Answered . Great advice from Attorney Murray. Do not miss your hearting date.

4. John George Ducey

1

Answered . What are you suspended for in the first place. there are defenses such as notice that can be put forth at a hearing at MVC.

John Ducey
    732-458-5600