Can I get my license restored if there was no ticket given to me?

Asked over 1 year ago - Paterson, NJ

I was recently in a car accident in which I hit a tree because the passenger in my car was drunk and physically hit me while I was driving. The officer gave me back my license and other paperwork and told me to go home. I received a letter from NJMVC notifying me that my license was suspended at the time of the accident and that my license would be suspended for an additional 180 days. What can I do? I need my license to travel to and from work.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Dean P Murray

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You will have to attend hearing at NJMVC in Trenton and explain why you were driving on a suspended license. You may likely be able to reduce the length of the suspension depending on your circumstances and your driving record to date. If you found this response helpful, kindly consider showing your appreciation by marking it "BEST ANSWER" or "HELPFUL". Good luck.

    Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely... more
  2. Yolanda Navarrete

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

    Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to... more
  3. David J. McCormick

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Great advice from Attorney Murray. Do not miss your hearting date.

    Good luck.

    DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being... more
  4. John George Ducey

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . What are you suspended for in the first place. there are defenses such as notice that can be put forth at a hearing at MVC.

    John Ducey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,069 answers this week

3,120 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,069 answers this week

3,120 attorneys answering