Can i get my license if i get into an accident before i have one and admit to the accident will this hurt me in getting my licen

Asked about 2 years ago - Holyoke, MA

i dont have a license and i rear ended someone and there is no police report but now the person wants there car fixed the car i borrowed and wrecked is willing to help and file the claim so the other partys car gets fixed but i have to admit that i was driving will this hurt me in getting my license the car i was driving isnt worried about there damages they just want to get the other partys car fixed and taken care of no injures were involed

1. Robert J McCarthy Jr

2

Best Answer

Answered . You don't state in your question, so this answer assumes that you have a learner's permit, you were legally driving the car involved in the accident and were driving in the car involved in the accident along with an appropriate licensed individual. (If this assumption is not correct, then disregard the following information as your situation then becomes more complex.) A learner's permit, license or right to operate can be suspended or revoked in Massachusetts due to a series of major and/or minor traffic offenses (civil), as well as serious offenses (criminal). According to the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicle's website, one accident does not trigger suspension or revocation. Read more at: http://www.mass.gov/rmv/suspend/index.htm

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

1

Answered . I absolutely believe your right to get a driver's license can be impacted if you were driving illegally (unclear in your questions). If not -- if this was a learner's situation -- the impact will lessen. Sit down with an experienced traffic accident attorney that has worked with the Department of Motor Vehicles in Massachusetts for a full understanding of the possibilities.

Good luck!

3. S. David Rosenthal Esquire

Pro

Answered . This will not likely affect your ability to get a license. It will affect your insurance rates however.