Can I get my investments? If I cant get my investments can I still at least get the 6,100.00 cash that I handed him.

Asked over 2 years ago - Bowie, MD


2 posts
0 warning points

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

I met a man who was interested in dating I was getting over a very recent relationship and didnt want to jump into things however this man I met dove right in. We talked a cou;le days he owns a security business and does investments for a living. This man wanted to take care of me and help me so he offered to do investments for me I did not trust giving money out so I said to go ahead and do the first investment for me I would borrow 1,800 from him he would roll it into an investment of 20,000 in 4 to 6 weeks he calls me to tell me the investment has been complete and he wants to do a 30,000 dollar investment for me because that is what his brother just walked away with. I had issues with handing over 2

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Robert V Cornish Jr.

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If the man is a broker and has your money in an investment account, write to his branch manager and demand your money back. If he is gathering money from numerous people and pooling it in one account, absent a fund document this is highly improper.

    The foregoing is not legal advice nor is it in any manner whatsoever meant to create or impute an attorney/client... more
  2. Jonathan Warren Evans


    Contributor Level 5


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . "if it sounds too good to be true, it almost always is"...."a fool and his money are soon departed".....These are maxims which have application to yours and others' situations I hear about on a daily basis. Before you EVER give a nickel of your hard earned money or savings to someone who claims to be someone who wants to help you achieve"financial security" or "economic independence", who doesn't fill you in with references, details, and credentials about himself, you should run, not walk, away with all your energy. Your remedy in this case, based upon your scant facts, is to sue the person in small claims court because of the relatively modest sum involved. Good luck!

  3. Howard Robert Roitman

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Call your state's Attoney General this is likly a a criminal fruad done to you.

    The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing... more

Related Topics

Investment and securities fraud

Securities and investment fraud occurs when someone tricks investors into making decisions based on false information, for example, creating a Ponzi scheme.

Financial services

Financial services covers many highly regulated organizations. Banks, credit unions, stock exchanges, and investment funds are all types of financial services.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,941 answers this week

3,519 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,941 answers this week

3,519 attorneys answering