Can I get my husband a K-3 visa if he is already in the United States.

Asked over 3 years ago - Las Cruces, NM

I have been wanting to get my husband legal in the United States and I have't been sucessfull I was wanting to know if I can apply for a K-3 visa even if my husband is in the United States or if there was anything else I can do I was told I can apply for the green card abroad but I was needing to file a waiver due to him being it the US since he was 8 years old. Im really scared of him getting deported we have our lives and kids set here and without him I would fall in a very bad hardship. Please if someone can help I would appriciate it.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . No, you cannot get a K-3 in the US.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts... more
  2. Peter Hills Acker

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . No. However, under certain circumstances (undeterminable by the information provided), if he entered the U.S. legally, under most visa categories, marriage to a U.S. citizen may allow him to adjust status even if he has overstayed the prior visa. If he entered without inspection, except for under very limited circumstances, he will not be able to adjust.

    I highly recommend that you consult with a well qualified, AILA certified immigration attorney.

    No information contained in this message, unless expressly denoted therefor, is intended to establish any attorney... more

Related Topics

K3 spouse visa

If you are a US citizen and marry some who is not, your spouse can temporarily live in the United States with a spouse visa.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,559 answers this week

2,962 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,559 answers this week

2,962 attorneys answering