Can I get my gun rights back after a felony in florida

Asked over 2 years ago - Clearwater, FL

Hi I was wondering how I would go about getting my right to vote, bear arms and carry a concealed weapon in florida back, I was arrested for a couple drug related felonies and violated probation but I received withholds on everything including my vops.I have finished probation and My question is how do I go about getting my rights restored and how long will I have to wait

1. Lisa Michelle Figueroa

Pro

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . If you received withholds, you never lost your rights. Now sometimes the agency in Tallahassee in charge of licenses (concealed weapons permits) will many times send a letter suspending your right to carry until the case is resolved. At that point, you have to notify them of the result and request the suspension be lifted. Now many VOPs end up in convictions (where you lose the withhold), in which case you have to apply to get your civil rights restored and you have to wait A minimum of 5 years from when case finalized and done with any probation.. The Office of Executive Clemency governs that and their website lays out all the requirements.

2. James Regan

Pro

2

Answered . Your rights were never compromised. But you may be denied the right to purchase firearms or carry concealed. If denied, you can appeal.

3. John Skyler Riordan

Pro

1

Answered . If you have never been convicted of any of the charges including the VOP's you never lost your rights. Additionally, if you are no longer on probation and have no open cases you can purchase firearms with no issues and should also be able to get a CWP in FL.

One or more answers have been taken down.