Can i get my green card through marriage if my wife is on warfare food stamp and housing and i don't work

Asked over 1 year ago - Jamaica, NY

my dear wife who i really loves what to help me file for petition so i could get a green card but right now we would like to know if it is possible i would get my green card without problem because she has a food stamp and housing, she already has a daughter not for me, and i am an F1 student out of status who don't work
Thank you

1. Andrew Marino Bramante

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes. But you will have two problems. First, you need a joint sponsor who will contractually obligate themselves to repay the US government if you (not your spouse) uses government "means tested" benefits. Second, assuming you and your wife have very few (no?) assets held jointly, you will need to be more creative and much better prepared to show that you have a bona fide marriage.

2. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

2

1

Answered . Yes, but you will need a co-sponsor.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues .... you need a co-sponsor for the I-864.