Can I get my General Discharge upgraded?

Asked about 1 year ago - Montgomery, AL

I was discharged after two years of service in the army reserves for failing a drug test.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. William Emil Cassara


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Every case is different. But absent you being able to prove that you did not use drugs, the odds are not in your favor.

    This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney... more
  2. John Daniel Hafemann

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . In order to have your characterization of discharge corrected or upgraded the only option you have it to apply to the Army Discharge Review Board in Washington D.C. I currently have a case pending before the Board and am very familiar with the process. Feel free to give me a call to discuss further. The initial consultation is always free.

  3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . VERY unlikely in the facts you provided.

    NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,719 answers this week

3,032 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,719 answers this week

3,032 attorneys answering