Can i get my felony for retail theft taken off if i live in kentucky and the felony was in florida its been five years this sept

Richmond, KY |

how much will it cost and where do i go

1. You need to contact a FL criminal defense attorney to see what options, if any, you have under FL state law. Any relief will be from FL.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

2. This website should help: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/getdoc/7c627128-eab9-4815-bc11-4f93273f016d/Frequently-Asked-Questions.aspx

You should be eligible if you were withheld of adjudication (I'm guessing the charge was a third degree felony from a one time incident). There are a lot of forms. Hire an attorney. As a prosecutor in FL, I often saw defense attorneys handle the whole thing without the client showing up (so you don't necessarily have to make your way to Florida).