Can i get my feduary rent back.

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

My car was broken into and the next day someone tried to break into my apartment. And i just dont feel safe anymore. Can i get my febuary rent back and move

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Michael Ryan Juarez

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Report those crimes if you have not done so already to the police and your landlord in that order. Tell your LL how you feel and that you can't spend another night there. I'm not aware of any statute requiring your landlord to return your rent. in CA you have to provide 30 days written notice to get out of a month-to-month rental agreement. Try finding a local tenant attorney to help you out. Good luck. I hope this helps.

    -Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.jslaw.... more
  2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Unfortunate. Report crimes to the Police and to the LL.

    Unless your landlord has failed in some duty, you will not be able to break the contract with the LL.

    READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,549 answers this week

2,744 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,549 answers this week

2,744 attorneys answering