Can i get my feduary rent back.

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

My car was broken into and the next day someone tried to break into my apartment. And i just dont feel safe anymore. Can i get my febuary rent back and move

1. Michael Ryan Juarez

1

Answered . Report those crimes if you have not done so already to the police and your landlord in that order. Tell your LL how you feel and that you can't spend another night there. I'm not aware of any statute requiring your landlord to return your rent. in CA you have to provide 30 days written notice to get out of a month-to-month rental agreement. Try finding a local tenant attorney to help you out. Good luck. I hope this helps.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . Unfortunate. Report crimes to the Police and to the LL.

Unless your landlord has failed in some duty, you will not be able to break the contract with the LL.