Can i get my down payment back on a car i return

Asked over 1 year ago - Pompano Beach, FL

I put a down payment of $1500 on a car, i drove it nothing was wrong after i got done signing the paperwork when i was driving on the highway it started shaking and swerving , and they key fob for the car didn't work , and i called my insurance to get it insured and they informed me from reading the vin # that the car was involved in a $50,000 accident. So i took the car back after hearing that i was never informed of that and they wouldn't give e the down payment back. I took it back in about 24 hours am ii entitled to get my money back or no?
( also i found out it was a rebuilt title and i was NEVER informed that)

1. Steven Michael Fahlgren

Pro

1

Answered . Also, three great attorneys with a lot of experience suing car dealers for fraud are right there by you:
    Robert Murphy
    Law Offices of Robert W. Murphy
    1212 S.E. 2nd Ave.
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316
    (954) 763-8660

Rebecca Covey
    Rebecca J. Covey, P.A.
    1318 SE First Avenue
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316
    954 763-4300

Jerard C. Heller
    400 SE 8th Street
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316-1124
    954 763 5434

2. Christina Gill Roseman

Answered . Whether there was frame/structural component damage in the accident would determine whether you have a right to go after the dealership for failure to disclose the accident damage. It is not just based on cost of repair. You would, however, most likely have a claim for the dealership's failure to disclose the rebuilt title. You should contact a local consumer attorney.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship.
  3. Scott Richard Kaufman

Pro

Answered . Same response to your prior post.