Can I get my citizenship without working?

Asked 8 months ago - Yuma, AZ

I am thinking about getting my citizenship. Right now I am unemployed looking for a job. I am going to school part-time taking classes to get my Associate in Business, I pay for my expenses with a Stafford loan from the gov. Is this a good time to apply for my citizenship since I do not have a job or should i wait until I am employed? Does immigration based their decision on my current employment status? I qualify to get my citizenship for been in this country for 7 years as a LPR

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

Answered . You do not need to be employed to become a naturalized US citizen. Please see

2. Alicia Marie Heflin

Pro

2

Answered . You are eligible to apply and I wish you the best of luck! USCIS does not decided o grant your application based on your current employment status or current wages.

3. Ajay Kumar Arora

2

1

Answered . Income level is irrelevant when applying for naturalization. It has no bearing on approval whatsoever.