Skip to main content

Can i get my 5 year misdemeanor probation terminated early?

Savannah, GA |

I have served almost half of it and completed all terms, including fines. I am in the military and being on probation will not allow me to get a TS clearance which is required for the next pay grade.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. It is possible. Hire an experienced lawyer in your area.

  2. If you have been a model probationer and have completed all of your conditions, it is possible that the judge may consider terminating your probation. However, since you got five years on misdemeanor probation I am assuming the underlying facts are not that great. In the alternative you may consider asking for non reporting status which alleviates the burden of paying probation supervision fees and meeting with the probation officer. All of this requires a trip to court.

    The advice provided does not in anyway create a lawyer-client relationship and is for general information purposes only.