Can i get my former rank if they find in a new medical eval that i had ptsd

Evansville, IN |

I got out of the military in 2012 and got a review letter stating that they was going to re look at my ptsd claim. During the time i was on some very strong meds that got me in trouble with weight and i had a nervous breakdown that got me a ucmj (twice, one company and a field 3 months later. Can i get it back?

Maybe. No way to answer without more information. These cases are very fact specific. I would be happy to review your case and tell you if it is worth pursuing. Feel free to contact me. The initial consultation is free.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.

A lot more (private) information is needed.
You'd have to look first at both a discharge review board case and corrections board case. You have three years basically to file with a BCMR. You likely have to go this route to exhaust administrative remedies before going to court.
Check with Mr. Cassara, he does quite a lot of these cases.

www.court-martial.com; www.court-martial.us.com; mljucmj@gmail.com 703-298-9562, 800-401-1583. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

You have three years from the time of separation to file your appeal. More specific facts are needed in order to give you a proper evaluation of the strength of your case. Give my office a call, I would be happy to speak with you. The initial consult is free and we handle these types of administrative appeals on a regular basis.