Can i get my former rank if they find in a new medical eval that i had ptsd

Asked about 1 year ago - Evansville, IN

I got out of the military in 2012 and got a review letter stating that they was going to re look at my ptsd claim. During the time i was on some very strong meds that got me in trouble with weight and i had a nervous breakdown that got me a ucmj (twice, one company and a field 3 months later. Can i get it back?

1. William Emil Cassara

Pro

1

Answered . Maybe. No way to answer without more information. These cases are very fact specific. I would be happy to review your case and tell you if it is worth pursuing. Feel free to contact me. The initial consultation is free.

2. John Daniel Hafemann

1

Answered . You have three years from the time of separation to file your appeal. More specific facts are needed in order to give you a proper evaluation of the strength of your case. Give my office a call, I would be happy to speak with you. The initial consult is free and we handle these types of administrative appeals on a regular basis.

3. Philip Douglas Cave

Pro

Answered . A lot more (private) information is needed.
    You'd have to look first at both a discharge review board case and corrections board case. You have three years basically to file with a BCMR. You likely have to go this route to exhaust administrative remedies before going to court.
    Check with Mr. Cassara, he does quite a lot of these cases.