Skip to main content

Can i get marry to someone from mexico but he is already marry at mexico

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

and he has two kids at mexico

Attorney Answers 2

  1. This person needs to be divorced first then he can get married to you. Otherwise the marriage will not be a valid and therefore you will not be able to petition for this person. Also if you try to marry him, he might be faced with bigamy (which is a crime in most states).
    You can read more about marriage on the link below, check under publications.

    Good Luck
    Shah Peerally

    Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
    Law Firm Deals in Immigration law, Bankruptcy & Debt Relief

    Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.

  2. My colleague is right - he must finalize his divorce first before entering into marriage again. Please speak with an experienced family law attorney to obtain information about how to file for his divorce from the U.S.

    Best regards,

    Renata Calderaro, Esq.
    The Calderaro Law Group
    Immigration Attorneys
    12550 Biscayne Boulevard
    Suite 800
    Miami, Florida 33181
    Telephone: 305-938-8391
    Facsimile: 305-938-8392
    Venezuela: 212-335-4920

    Follow us on Twitter: RenataCalderaro
    On LinkedIn:

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics