Can I get legal advice regarding a recent decision by our lawyers to drop our case regarding a motorcycle accident.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Mesa, AZ

The case was against the city where it happened . the roads were being paved . We were hit by a car turning left into us. The cones were to large to see each other . The case was on the city and not the driver who hit us. Now they have said that we have no case , and that the odds were against us, so they are dropping it. Saying we can be sued for a frivolus lawsuit

1. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Attorneys tend to change their minds for specific reasons. You should schedule a meeting with you attorneys to discuss what leads them to believe that you have no case. I hope you found my response helpful.

2. Frederick Charles Thomas

Pro

1

Answered . Without knowing more about your case and its procedural stance, you should probably consult another personal injury lawyer asap, as I doubt your former lawyer will have a change of heart regarding terminating representation.

3. David J. McCormick

2

Answered . Sit down with your attorneys for a meeting to see what changed their minds. Sometimes things happen during discovery or depositions that weaken your case, or a recent appellate case comes out that adversely affects you. Based on what you hear you will know if you need to get your file and talk with another attorney.