Can i get into trouble for sending "nude" photos to a person over 18 when i'm a minor?

Glendale, AZ |

I told this guy I was 18, but i never sent him a picture of an id or birth certificate to prove it. He said he was a adult photographer and wanted to see a few pictures of me, so i sent him a few. I am actually 16 and was just joking around with my friends to see if i was good enough to be an adult entertainer. He got very creepy asking to meet up and have sex with me and i declined because it was all a joke. After about 6 months he contacted me via facebook and wanted to keep pursuing me. I fessed up and he said he will contact his legal team and take legal action. But all i did was say i was 18 and send him photos. can i get into trouble?

No, not if he's not a minor. But this isn't a joke, and sending photos of yourself can easily end up haunting you, and once sent, you can't take them back without hiring a lawyer, getting an injunction, and maybe not even then.

I understand 16 year olds don;t think ahead, but try. You want to apply to college, get a job, impress friends and family that you're reputable? Then never empower anyone by giving them photos of yourself that you do _not_ want all over the internet.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

What a creep! No, you are not on the hook legally but he might be for attempting extortion by making baseless legal threats to a minor over the matter of underage nude photos in his possession.

This is not legal advice but a general comment on society based on a limited set of hypothetical circumstances. No one should act or refrain from acting based on these comments without seeking appropriately licensed legal or professional advice. The author disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on his comments.

Although it was a terrible idea and potentially very dangerous for you, you cannot get into trouble, since you're juvenile; and he cannot use these photos in any way as he has every reason to believe that they are child pornography which is such a serious criminal offense that I want to throw out my computer for typing the words.

Anyone viewing this web site should not act on any information contained on this site without seeking professional counsel from an attorney. Use of this web site and/or transmission of information to the firm is not intended to create, and should not be construed as creating, an attorney-client relationship with the firm or any of its attorneys. If you choose to communicate with the firm or any of its attorneys or other personnel through this web site, do not transmit any confidential or sensitive information by e-mail until you have spoken to an attorney from our firm either by telephone or in person. This web site may be considered advertising under applicable laws and ethical rules. The Law Offices of Brent D. Harris, PLLC do not seek to represent anyone in any state where lawyers in the firm are not admitted to practice, or in any state where this web site fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state.