Can I get into legal trouble if I impersonate the sportscaster Howard Cosell through my writings on Facebook?

Sunnyside, NY |

I am an actor and comedian. I did my MA thesis on Cosell and interviewed him.

Not clear from your question. It is not legal to impersonate someone whether in writing or on Facebook, unless you have their permission or the estate's permission. Parody is another issue and should be vetted by an attorney before you do it.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

I'm not sure what you mean by impersonating him. He is deceased so nobody could take you for being Howard Cosell. If you're just making a parody or satire of his speaking or writing style there should be no problem in doing just that; if there was, well-known impersonators like Rich Little could not have been doing what they have been doing for years on TV.